When getting 3-d out of your multi-view imagery, there is some great open source tools that will provide a great starting point.
- Without doubt start exploring Bundler and their more recent GitHub code!
- For a dense reconstruction (PMVS, CMVS) you may want to use the VisualSFM GUI
- To explore and edit your point clouds a great GUI is CloudCompare - GitHub code - MacOS X app
- To go from point clouds to meshes use MeshLab
- A great sample Tutorial of the pipeline is given in Andrew Hazelden's blog
- Also try my PAMView dataset for some aerial reconstructions!